To achieve its mission, IKISIA needs a strong legal structure.
Its legal form is Association with Full legal capacity (“Vereniging met volledige rechtsbevoegdheid” in Dutch).
The first version of the articles is to be found here in two languages : English or Dutch
Here are extracts from the future second version of it, to be registered after feasibility study and compatibility study with dutch regulations.
This version is gonna protect and improve the functioning of the General Assembly.
– General Assembly
Decision and control heart of the organization, its composed of all IKISIA’S members. It rates and votes the decisions, appoints the members of the General Council and has an overall control of the structure.
– General Council
Its role is to accelerate the implementation of the strategy and the sustainable development of the structure by providing decision making tools, reports and advices to both the General Assembly and Executive committee.
It also appoints the members of the Executive Committee.
– Executive Committee
It executes the will of the General Assembly.
It implements the strategy. (EC COM)
It insures the sustainable development of the structure and its environment. (EC FIN)
It looks to improve the sustainable development of the structure and verifies that the will of the General Assembly is well implemented. (EC DEMOS)
Extracts from the articles, second version.
CHAPTER III. BODIES.
Article 6. Bodies.
The Association has the following bodies.:
– the General Assembly;
– the General Council;
– the Executive Committee;
6.1. General Assembly.
- The General Assembly is the body of the Association consisting of all its members.
- All powers in the Association not assigned by law or by these Articles of Association to another Body will vest in the General Assembly.
- The General Assembly decide the amount of decision autonomy of the Executive Committee.
- The general Assembly appoints each year a Secretary of the General Assembly which role is to be the link between the General Assembly and the other bodies of the association.
6.2. General Council.
- The members of the General Council shall be appointed by the General Assemblyamong its members.
- The total amount of members of the General Council shall be 10% of the association total members.
- The General Council provides decision making tools, reports and advices to both the General Assembly and Executive committee.
- The members of the General Council are :
– The Secretary, who manages and represents the General Council.
– The Counsellors, who appoint the Secretary among the General Council. Number of Counsellors to be defined according to article 6.2.b.
6.3 Executive Committee
- The members of the Executive Committeeshall be appointed by the General Council.
- Without prejudice to the limitations imposed by these Articles of Association, the Executive Committee will be entrusted with the management of the Association.
- The members of the Executive Committee are :
– The Secretary, who manages and represents the Committee.
– The Treasurer.
– The Auditor, who reports about the Committee’s actions to the association’s bodies and is responsible for the decision ratings processes. He will make sure that both glassfrog meeting minutes, financial reports and general council reports are available for members.
– The Partners, who execute tasks.
- The General Assembly may allow the creation of local or dedicated Executive Committees.
CHAPTER V. DECISION PROCESSES.
Article 11. Decision Rating
11.1. All members can call for a Decision Rating to the Auditor of the Executive Committee.
11.2. A decision rating is a consultation of all members to rate a decision.
11.3. Decisions can be rated as :
– GA : Needs a voting by the General Assembly without research.
– GC : Needs research and advice by the General Council within 4 weeks before GA voting.
– EC : Decision to be made by the Executive Committee.
11.4. All ratings with less than 80% of participation fall to the General Council for rating.
Article 12. General Assembly meetings
12.1 : General Assembly Notice :The Auditor of the Executive Committee is responsible for calling, organize and manage the meetings.
The Auditor will inform the members about the agenda, the General Council reports and the voting window to all members.
12.2 : Voting
1. All members can vote for all GA and GC rated decisions. The vote is mandatory.
2. All technological means can be used for voting during the voting window.
3. Any voting with less than 80% of participation is invalidated and needs research and advice by the General Council.
4. The General Council should provide information within 4 weeks from the end of the vote.
5. Within 4 weeks from the General Council report, the Auditor should call for a new voting.
12.3 : General Assembly meetings are called when 10 decisions are rated GA within 1 month